A Little Bit of Everything We’ve Discovered…
- North Captiva Island is very casual. Be sure to bring a few swimsuits, shorts, t-shirts, a hat, and a sweatshirt for cooler evenings. All roads are sand, so plan your footwear accordingly.
- We find it helpful to bring a pair of sandals for outside and an extra pair for inside to help keep sand outside.
- If you burn easily, consider bringing a UV shirt and plenty of sunscreen for hikes and long days at the beach.
- Please return all beach chairs and umbrellas to the beach shed at night. It is important to keep the beach clear for nesting turtles. Additionally, the occasional storm can create a mess if beach chairs are left out overnight.
- Don't forget your personal toiletries such as shampoo, conditioner, razors, and lotion.
- Cell service quality is spotty and varies by carrier, weather, and location on the island.
- Don’t run your golf cart out of charge – they are too heavy to push home.
- Wear flip flops on the sand paths until you get into deep sand at the beach. The sand spurs hurt when you step on them.
- The island non-denominational church is located across the street from us in the minister’s home. Services are on Sunday and you’re welcome to join them!
- Please be respectful of pool noise and language. If you aren’t at the pool, make sure music is turned off.
- There are many protected animals on the island including the Florida Bobcat, Indigo Snake, turtles, and manatees. Please respect them by not bothering them. Sandy (the turtle with the hole in her shell) lives in our yard.
- Some of the local wildlife are very lazy hunters. If you leave food or garbage out, they will forage through it and make a mess for you to clean up. Please put all food away at the end of the day and make sure garbage is bagged and placed securely in the dumpster.
- We love visiting in the summer and fall. The gulf temperature is like a spa and there are tons of marine animals. In the summer, don’t forget to watch for stingrays as you enter the water.
We hope you have a safe and wonderful stay! Please feel free to contact us with any questions or comments.